Tuesday, August 3, 2010

First Anniversary Fox (8/4/10): Debra McDonald

Yes, loyal reader, you read that correctly. It was one year ago that this site kicked off, and it all began with a feature of Melissa Irish-Brown. I truly appreciate all the models and musicians that have made this site possible and all the readers who keep coming back.

The First Anniversary Fox is a tremendous model (just as all the Foxes of the Week are). Debra McDonald is a model from Opa-Locka, Florida. I think you'll agree that she is a tremendous way to celebrate a year of models and music. In fact, you know the normal format is a Q&A with the model and 3 photos. Well, for this week, I am going to break format slightly for two reasons. First, one year of Fox Tracks seems like a good reason to give you more photos. Second, this model's photos are so amazing, I couldn't pick only three. And so, without further ado, I present Debra McDonald.

Complete the sentence. Debra McDonald is...

A walking piece of art that enjoys life: a very outgoing, energetic and an all around fun person to be around.

What was your first tattoo and what compelled you to get it?

My first tattoo was a panther on my back. I got it because every one else was getting the panthers and the paw prints. Yes it is covered up now because as I got older and more into art and tattooing I learned to be myself and always decide for me and what I want not on what another has or what the trend is. Hell, I could have been stuck with that mess on me for life---and it was ugly (laughs). But what can you expect when you are stealing ink out of the art room and have your home boy that can draw inking you with a needle, some alcohol and a straight pin. By the way...I got my ass beat when my mom found out! I was 14.

What is your favorite tattoo?

I don't have a "favorite" because everything on me represent some thing different and plays its special role on my body so i guess it would be my entire body because all like one big picture.

Describe a perfectly sexy day or evening, including what you would or wouldn't wear.

A perfectly sexy day: getting tattooed, having some drinks and ________ all night long because the tattooing sensation turns me on! But on a more PG-13 level...I would say that perfectly sexy evening would consist of wearing a spaghetti-strapped silk dress that falls just a little above my ankles with no panties (for no lines of course) and setting a canopy outside in the back yard with flickering candles and twinkling white light. Have a table set for two with champagne or red wine or take it further with some Patron margaritas. Have a specially prepared meal and dessert while listening to a customized playlist on the iPod. After eating, dance together under the lights. After getting both our bodies all worked up take him in the house to a rose petal bath filled with candles that we will share together. I will bathe him but let him watch me sensually bathe myself. Once he can't take any more we ______. (Y’all can use your imagination for the rest.)

Who are some models you admire? Why?

To be completely honest, there are no models that I admire. I take my hat off to those that made it, stayed true to themselves and didn't sell their soul for a publication or a job, those that had to actually work and grind to be called and considered a model.

If you could only be featured in one more publication, which would you want it to be?

I have two - sorry - you know I couldn't just say one (laughs).
Cosmopolitan because it is largest-selling young women's magazine in the world and is famous for its upbeat style, focus on the young career woman and candid discussion of contemporary male/female relationships. Since its founding in 1886, Cosmopolitan has been reporting on modern social trends.
The other one would be Elle because fashion, beauty and entertainment news are found inside Elle magazine. With celebrity stories - not gossip - and guides to finding the best fashion and beauty styles to suit you, Elle brings the superstar look to the average lady and allows you to find your most beautiful self at any age.

What is one thing you hope to accomplish?

The one thing I hope to accomplish is change within the modeling industry. I have had so many doors close in my face because I wasn't your typical model (slim, tall, and cleaned skinned) for the mainstream marketing and for a lot of the more urban markets I wasn't getting naked, spreading my legs or having sex with the photographer or magazine owner or editor. I want to bring light that you are beautiful no matter your size, height, shape, tattooed or not. I want to be the first woman of color, full bodied tattooed that has a cover and a layout in one of those top magazines, on billboards for clothing designers and hopefully having the opportunity to start my own clothing line. I just want people to see that there are more women that look like me and more men that like them than what the industry has tried to portray.

6 comments:

  1. man this girl is hot, sounds very educated and needs to be on top---she is very exotic--i would love to see her on the news stand in NY--now she is a model! very good interview

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Debra is a beautiful women. Looking at the lovely art work (All in good taste)there should be several publications that she could be placed in. I can truly picture her in her top two publication. Great interview

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Debra girl I'm proud of you. I enjoyed reading your article. Strive for the best and dont give up on your dreams they are within arms reach. Eventually they will se you as a walking work of art and let you tell your story.........K.Spann

    ReplyDelete
  5. To many people all over the world she's alot of different words. To me she's my best friend and a wonderful sisiter who has come a long way. Debra you're more than beautiful,I'm so proud of you. Just remember to keep God first and all things will come together. Continue to show the world that their is more to modeling than sleeping with everyone. You style is different and make sure your Sexy Ass prove it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad to see this getting so many good comments because Debra McDonald is not only gorgeous, but a fine human being.

    ReplyDelete